Now Available: 4 New Vehicle Sound Effect Libraries
Today I’m happy to announce Airborne Sound is releasing 4 new sound collections. The theme? Vehicles!
- Cars 1: Elements: 500 mixed recordings of cars, maneuvers, and Foley.
- Transit Trains 1: 230 subway, streetcar, and monorail recordings from around the world.
- Boats 1: Ferries: sound effects from 12-person to 7-ton passenger boats.
- Aviation 1: 60 sound clips of helicopters, jets, fighters, and seaplanes.
In this article I’ll describe each package, and why they are special. At the end of the post I’ll share a discount code for 50% off the new collections, good for the next 48 hours only.
That code will let you download almost 850 HD field recordings in over 13.5 gigabytes of vehicle sound effects for $55.
New Additions to the Library Builder Bundle Series
These vehicle collections feature a mix of field recordings in the style of our earlier “Library Builder Bundles.” Like the others, they’re meant to provide a mixed toolbox of clips to supplement your existing sound library with new, fresh sounds.
So, instead of focusing on an exhaustive list of recordings for a single car or train, these new sound libraries give you a blend of clips. That gives you flexibility. It’s our hope that this variety will allow the clips to be used more commonly in your projects, and help you evade tight spots while editing.
The New Library Builder Vehicle Collections
Car Sound Effects 1: Elements
Most car sound libraries provide extensive recordings for just one model. That’s fantastic, but we wanted to try a new approach. How?
Cars 1: Elements provides a wide blend of clips from many cars. What do I mean?
- There are exterior recordings of cars passing, approaching, departing, idling, revving, and riding, as well as onboard clips.
- There are recordings of cars on asphalt, wet pavement, gravel, and dirt.
- There are many types of cars: sedans, luxury, compact, and older cars.
- There are hundreds of car Foley sound fx: gear shifts, horn blasts, windshield wipers, and glove box moves.
Why take this approach? Well, when working on projects, editors more commonly hunt for type of car, instead of specific model. It’s helpful to find field recordings for a sedan, a compact car, or a luxury vehicle. Choosing car by type means those sound effects will easily double for any similar car in the project, even if the precise brand, model, and year isn’t a match. Cars 1: Elements was designed to give you this flexibility.
The bundle offers a mix of over 100 random car recordings: miscellaneous peel outs, starts, ignitions, and pass bys. In addition, we have grouped the sound effects by type of car:
- Full-size luxury car: 2007 Chrysler 300 C Hemi.
- Older compact car, with some wet pavement tracks: 2001 Honda Civic.
- Modern compact car: 2011 Mazda 3.
- Older/vintage car with character: 1986 Volvo 740 Turbo.
The sound library avoids the exhaustive single-model car recordings in preference for selections from a wide variety of types of cars. This helps fill the gaps in your existing sound library, and your in your tracks.
- 500 sound effects
- 3.65 gigabytes
Boats 1: Ferry Sound Effects
I recorded all these ferry sound effects when I lived in Vancouver, Canada. Part of Vancouver’s transit system crosses the water in a variety of boats.
The collection includes recordings in various holds of this massive vehicle on lower, middle, and upper decks. There are bow wash recordings. I captured tracks at the bow, and stern. Each position is diligently labelled.
My favourite are the sounds of the ferry shuddering as it maneuvers, and the whine of the massive 40-foot fans as they spin up in the lower hold. Also, the riding ambiences are general enough that they could double for other industrial sounds.
- 47 sound clips
- 2.23 gigabytes
Aviation 1 Sound Effects
We couldn’t announce vehicle collections without offering a package of aviation sound clips. So, we assembled 60 HD recordings of the majestic vehicles of the air.
Aviation 1 includes recordings of 767 and 777 passenger jets, Bell and Sikorsky helicopters, seaplanes, and Dash–8 prop planes. It’s a mix of landing, take off, and pass by sound clips. There are also a handful of interior aircraft recordings while flying, taxiing, taking off, and landing.
- 60 sound clips
- 2.96 gigabytes
Transit Trains Sound Effects 1
Last week we offered a half-dozen free transit train sound effects. This sound library offers even more of those cool groaning, screeching, and whining trains.
Transit Trains 1 proves 230 sound clips of subways, metro, underground, rapid transit, monorail, and streetcar trains and trolleys. The majority of the library is broken down into three sections:
- Rapid transit/monorail
There are also a selection of tracks recorded in specific cities, including:
- New York City subways from the 6, 7, and V and E lines.
- Vancouver SkyTrain recordings. These are fresh recordings of the monorail I recorded for Batman Begins.
- Mexico City Metro.
- Berlin’s S-Bahn
I like the texture of the voices of these trains: the rail scrapes, moans, groans, and screeches they make as they travel.
- 230 sound effects
- 4.66 gigabytes
Our Sound Libraries
Each of our packages includes:
- 96 kHz, 24-bit stereo WAV files (no upsampling). Note: there are a few mono onboard tracks in the Cars 1: Elements collection.
- Recorded, mastered, and curated by career field recordists and mastering technicians.
- Over a dozen fields of Soundminer metadata.
- Instant, secure digital download.
48-Hour Promotional Code
Use the code
VEHICLES2014 on the second page of the checkout (instructions) for 50% off these new collections.
That will allow you to download almost 850 sound effects of over 13.5 vehicle sound clips for $55.
Feel free to write me if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting Airborne Sound, and for checking out the new sound libraries.
Owner, Airborne Sound