Briefly: Website and Sound Library Updates
It’s been a while since our last post. We haven’t been idle.
Today’s post is a quick update about changes here on the website. It’s the first of a series of updates that we will roll out over the following weeks.
- Search results are more accurate and display more sensibly.
- Every order now includes an invoice you can download for your records.
The two free sound libraries, Crowds, and Ambience, now also include the option to download MP3 (44.1 kHz, 320 bit rate) as well as Pro (96 kHz/24-bit) versions. Save space with MP3s or take advantage of the full pro resolution. It’s your choice.
Just select the option button you prefer, then click the shopping cart icon in the toolbar (upper right).
We will be adding a new free library in the upcoming weeks.
New pro sound libraries will arrive after that.
All our libraries include metadata, which helps you find the right sound quickly and return to work. We’ve tweaked the libraries with some improvements:
- All bundles now have improved text metadata. We’ve added more data in new fields to help you find sounds faster. Each sound has 21 fields of metadata.
- Now with BWAV metadata. Don’t have the Soundminer metadata app? No worries. Almost every metadata app reads info from the “BWAV Description” field. That info is now included with every sound.
- Library list text files are now included with every collection. These files include all the library metadata in tab-separated text files so you can import sound file data however you like, wherever you like.
- A new look. Previously all sound libraries shared the same icon. Now each library features a special icon that will help you sort your libraries in iTunes or metadata apps.