Free Update: All Sound Libraries Now Enhanced with New Metadata Formats
We include extensive metadata with each sound effects library we share on Airborne Sound.
Today we’ve augmented every one of our sound libraries with additional, improved metadata for everyone. This update is available to all previous Airborne Sound customers, completely free of charge.
Sound Library Metadata
Since we launched, every one of our sound clip collections were wrapped with metadata. We embedded this bonus text information to help you find and organize our sound libraries amongst your other collections.
This Soundminer “Metawrapper” brand of metadata included columns of searchable text from fields such as sound file category, extended description, microphone used, location, and more.
New Bonus Metadata
So what’s new today?
Well, we’ve expanded the amount of metadata, and made it easier for everyone to use.
After all, in the past you needed the Soundminer metadata app to be able to use the bonus text. Not everyone has that app. We wanted every sound fan to be able to be able to find the perfect clip quickly.
So, we added two types of additional, new metadata:
- BWAV metadata. Each sound file now includes BWAV Description and BWAV Originator metadata. BWAV metadata is an open, international standard that can be used by almost metadata app from Soundly to BaseHead to BWAV MetaEdit.
- Spotlight metadata. Each sound effect now includes MacOS spotlight metadata:
- Title (Soundminer TrackTitle)
- Musical genre (Soundminer Category)
- Authors (Soundminer Designer)
- Comment (Soundminer Description)
- Copyright (Year and Soundminer Manufacturer and Library)
Simply type command-i to display the metadata:
As a bonus, you can find this info via the Finder Spotlight search bar. Just type command-space and begin typing sound fx keywords to see results.
This means that Mac users don’t need a metadata app at all to find sound files using rich, descriptive text.
Tweaked Soundminer Metadata
We also improved Soundminer metadata by adding these fields:
- Keywords. These comma-separated terms help find your clips.
- CDTitle. This is the sound library name.
- URL. The link to find the sound library and our website if you need customer support.
The Soundminer metadata also includes both metadata types listed above, too. That brings our total Soundminer metadata fields to 19, with some libraries having a few extra.
Want to know the complete rundown of which metadata formats Airborne Sound supports, and how you can use them? Browse our metadata info page to learn more.
Free Metadata Updates
Have you downloaded a sound library from Airborne Sound in the past? Would you like a fresh copy of the library with the additional metadata?
No problem. Simply email us and include your order number or order email address. We’ll send you fresh sound library download links to your email inbox.